Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We are here. There. Here

Good Morning.
We made it across the WHOLE COUNTRY, most of Eastern Canada ( including parts I have never heard of) almost touched Greenland, zoomed across Ireland and finally landed in London!!!
I confused the heck out of passport control by taking the shortest line (the kids have US passports and mine is UK) and made it through customs without declaring the 8 pairs of Skechers in my luggage.
It is 8:15am here and I can only think that the 7 cups of tea I have drunk is the reason I am awake at all.
I am off to take pictures of green things soon and will post those when I figure out how to connect wih my computer........
Ta ta for now,
Cat

5 comments:

Rachel @ Verdin Road said...

I'm so glad you made it!! Can't wait to see some pics!!! It it 110 degrees today. HOLY HELL!!! Literally!! Supposed to be back down around 85 the rest of the week though. Phew.
Have a blast!

Denise said...

Hey, We're glad you're alive. I've been thinking of you a lot. I can't wait to see the pics. Please post some of your sister and the kids, I would love to see how big they are. I have not seen them since before Ross was born. I laughed when I read the last comment, must be from AZ...110 degrees. Holy Hell is right! We're freezing our butts off here in NY. The temp has not hit 70 in weeks and we're all going to the beach today to watch the Blue Angels practice for this weekends big show. I'll bring my camera so you can see me wearing a down jacket with my tootsies in the sand. Have a great time. Denise

Caroline said...

Where have you gone? I need an update on the weather! Here you have missed an ice/hail storm. And a rainy weekend. Have you been projecting English weather on us? It actually came in quite handy for packing purposes, helped me remember how 65 degrees feels like, jeans it is then!

So how are you guys doing? Acclimatized yet? Freezing your butts of? We are all looking out for pictures.

We leave tomorrow.. yeah (not). Think of us Thursday at Legoland ‘Windsor’ rain or shine, awake or half dead!
Well, due to the poor weather over the past few days, urgent packing has been put off for urgent toping up of the tan! Ahhh the English and their obsession with sun!

Take care, have fun…love to the kids, look forward to hearing your news.

Caroline and co

Denise said...

OMG, what have you done to Emmas Hair? It looks like you're having a great time. I can't believe how grown up Erin and your nephews are. Not to mention that Billy looks like a man! I'm calling Al in the morning. I'm booking my flight to see you in October and I'll be in for Al's birthday on the 22nd. I'll check to see what days work best for him for me to visit. (lol) Keep posting the photos, they're awesome. See you soon. Denise

Denise said...

Oh Crap, Is Al's birthday Oct 22? I know it's in Oct sometime. I want to come out on Monday morning the 20th and take an overnight flight back as you suggested on Friday the 24th. Let me know what you think. I think I'll mail my clothes ahead of time, it's cheaper than bringing luggage. (ha,ha,ha)Say hi to the kids and your family. Have you stayed with your mum yet? Just wondering. If you do, make sure you sit and request tea and coffee to be delivered to your breakfast chair every morning. Also ask her not to come in October, It's my turn...she just saw you. Adios

About Me

My photo
Goodyear, AZ, United States
A local publishing company in Goodyear,AZ