On we went to Paris. First a train ride to London (Paddington Station), then a subway ride to St Pancreas Station where we met Mum and a statue of Sir John Betcheman (famous poet).
Then we caught the fabulous (but slightly boring) EuroStar Train to Paris. You'd think we'd stop there but no, on to another subway, this time the Metro to another train station where we finally caught our last train of the day to Maison Lafitte (a suburb of Paris) where we were staying. Oh and I forgot to mention that Ross had been ill the night before so neither of us got much sleep. Not to worry though because Ross slept for THE WHOLE DAY! The little bugger!
I got to wrestle 4 children, 1 large suitcase 2 backpacks and a stroller that is sadly no longer with us all the way to our campsite. Yes I did say campsite......
We stayed in what amounts to a moblie home, all be it a nice one, for a week in Paris.
Here is a picture of 3 of the kiddos in their bedroom at the campsite. Of course Tal slept with me not in her own bed. Sigh.......
The next day we went into Paris to see......
The Eiffel Tower
!
Here you see what was to become the theme of our time in France. Go to see something but first take a ride on the carousel and play in a park.


Talia, Ross, Emma and I went to the top of the tower, Billy doesn't do heights so he stayed on the ground with Grandma.
Talia, Ross, Emma and I went to the top of the tower, Billy doesn't do heights so he stayed on the ground with Grandma.
We got through the hour long wait to get into the base and Ross decided he had to pee NOW! I managed to distract him through 2 elevators and another queue and finally we all peed at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Not a claim that many can make! I would like to add that we did pee in a bathroom at the top of the Eiffel Tower, not just into the wind above the tourists..... 



3 comments:
i wanna go........ some day.
I wanna go too. For now we will just have to live the Eiffel Tower through our good friend. We miss you by the way!!
Hi Guys,
Finally had a chance to sit down and read your blog, vs just looking at the pictures! So, as I see it, I can put up with the weather when you are at places like the Eifel Tower, however it becomes wearing at the beach eh! Our trip to England was mixed! The day we took a boat trip along the Hamble river, IT POURED! It had of course been raining for a few days, so the walk along the river was similar to your walk to the park. The nice stony trail was just a continuous puddle up to Albert’s Knees! Butlins was not too bad (lots of gossip will tell all when you get back). Our open house at my Mums house the sun shone for us, but of course, it was our last day! I know that you must be having a great time as you know it is all so short lived, at it is great for your kids to get a taste of their ‘English/ European’ culture. I agree with you comments about ‘The Year of Living Biblically,’ what a mixed heritage your kids have being half Jewish, half brit!
Keep up the good work, (we are reading honest!)not too long to go now. Big kids must soon be on their way home. I miss you guys. You are my link to this community! Alex misses Ross. So does Caria. Ross is going to be super popular when he gets home! Bless.
Looking forward to School starting and you guys getting home. Make the most of the English breakies. I actually had fried bread at Butlins, can you believe it. Toast was not even an option! Oh and have a drink for me at the local, those summer evenings in the Pub is what I miss the most………
Post a Comment