Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day at the zoo.

Kids just never want to grow up do they? Em and Billy were straight on these toys and Ross followed.

We petted the rabbits and my kids decided that they really, really , really wanted a pet rabbit. Quick as a flash I deadpanned, "Well it would have to live in the garden in a hutch so that Chandler couldn't get it. I am not sure that a rabbit would survive outside in the summer. Let me e-mail the vet and see."


One e-mail later and the vet comfirmed that a rabbit would indeed broil outside in the AZ heat so I gently broke the news to Ross. He took it in stride saying, "OK Mom then how about something else?".


"What would you suggest?" I answered


He thought for a while and then said, "I know Mom, we could get a Giraffe!"


Enough said.


Read the last line of this sign.


Interesting that they feel the need to specify "responsible" adult...

1 comment:

Loraine said...

I think that a giraffe would be great.

Giraffes are Nate's current favorite animal... you'll save us trips down the hill to visit the zoo...

About Me

My photo
Goodyear, AZ, United States
A local publishing company in Goodyear,AZ