Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More Paris

Well here we are 7th of June and at the Louvre. Anyone see The Da Vinci Code? Well here is the base of the inverted pyramid, anyone see the Virgin Mary??? No, neither did I. You would think that for the purposes of tourism they would put some kind of mock-up.....possibly too sacreligious for Catholic country?




On to the next room, well actually for reasons of brevity there are several rooms full of pushy tourists that I will not show you...
In no particular order we have a room full of pushy tourists taking photos of the Mona Lisa. See her? She is the teeny-tiny painting behind all the pushy tourists. Do you sense a theme here? Anyway, I didn't get it. Give me a Monet anyday.
Then we have Talia posing a la Napoleon (with whom she shares a birthday) infront of a painting of......you guessed it, Napoleon.
Ross' biggest impression of the Louvre was all the naked people in the paintings. Every time we went into a different room he would say "Look Mommy, more naked people! Why don't they have any clothes on?" To which I replied that it was so hot in the museum that they had to cool down somehow! Which segways neatly into the picture of Ross and Billy cooling off over an air vent. Ta Da!
The next picture is Mum and kids resting, hard work this sight-seeing...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Goodyear, AZ, United States
A local publishing company in Goodyear,AZ